A Letter from Prison – Week 12
February 7, 2021
- Until we accept by faith the blood that was shed by Jesus for our sins, we are at war with God. Jesus grants us peace with God.
- Jesus gives us peace with God, then gives us the Peace that comes from God
- This peace can be partially interrupted by uncertainty, untruths, unforgiveness, unrighteous living, and unconfessed sin.
- Paul exhorts us to bring our anxious thoughts to prayer and meditate on specific things that bring peace.
- Peace is not the absence of difficult circumstances. Peace is the presence of God.
- People who have experienced trauma need to include others in the process of walking out from under the burden of carrying these fears.
- Are you currently suffering from worry or anxiety? Explain.
- Discuss practical ways of meditating on the things that Paul suggests.
- Of the 5 “uns” listed above, which ones can you relate to?
- Pray that Jesus would bring His peace.