True Love Gives
A Letter from Prison – Week 13
February 14, 2021
- It is helpful to remember that the letter to the Philippian church was in response to their giving: a “Thank You” letter from Paul.
- Giving is an act of grace that first occurs in us by God’s gift of forgiveness.
- Giving becomes a natural outflow of the believer that has received God’s grace.
- Our giving is always first unto the Lord and then unto others.
- Giving breaks off entitlement and becomes an expression of gratitude.
- Paul boasted of the generosity of the Philippian church and used their giving to inspire other churches.
- Giving includes forgiving.
- God’s character overflows with giving.
- Has God moved in such a way in your life that you have become a giver?
- Discuss the various ways we can give?
- Do you have a testimony of giving then being resupplied to give more?
The drumbeat of the Gospel on a wicked person’s heart moves them to receive from God, then to give.