Let’s Do This – Week 1
August 1, 2021
- God’s mercy motivates us to give ourselves as a sacrifice.
- Our sacrifice is continual worship; it’s a “living” sacrifice.
- Mercy allows us to be merciful.
- We must willingly allow God to consecrate us from the world.
- The Word of God is required to transform our minds.
- Explain how God has been merciful to you?
- Has this understanding motivated you to give of yourself?
- What worldly ideas do you need to forsake?
- Can you explain how God’s Word renews your mind?
The Merciful Acts of God
- He saves all who call on Him, He Saves us from His wrath, He frees us from condemnation.
- He takes away our shame, He gives us his son, He paid the price for our sin.
- He took the judgement of our sin, He frees us from the penalty of sin.
- He frees us from the power of sin, He doesn’t keep a record of our sin.
- He shares his Son’s righteousness with us, He fills us with his Holy Spirit.
- He empowers us to do the next right thing, He pours his love into our hearts.
- He corrects us, He inclines his ear to us in prayer, He intercedes for us when we don’t know how to pray.
- He is working all things out for good, He never forsakes us, He grants us Peace.
- He sings over us, He adopts us as His sons and daughters, He calls us his own.
- He lifts us from the grave, He gives us eternal life.
- And all this mercy is new every morning!