He Marks Our Fears
Marked – Week 10
November 21, 2021
- There are three “greats” (mega) in the account of the storm. A great storm, a great calm, and a great fear. The great fear of who this man is will be the most rewarding of the three megas!
- Jesus has now proven his authority over all creation.
- Jesus was asleep as a man but under full control as Creator of the universe.
- Jesus was given authority to create the world from the Father.
- He challenges his disciples to exercise faith when there is no control.
- Control is a mirage in the face of God’s sovereignty.
- Fear can lead to despair in believing that God does not care.
- The internal storms in us emanate from not fully believing that God is with us and in control.
- His promises will carry us to the “other side.”
- Share the area(s) of your life do you need to hear Jesus say, “Peace, be still.”
- Have you ever fallen into distress and blamed God for not caring?
- As a group, discuss ways to practice His presence.